Le ven 24/01/2003 à 07:04, Andrey Borzenkov a écrit :

> > At this level, urpmi has workaround for supermount to avoid too much
> > slowness, it first copy rpm in the cache and perform operation as
> > usually directly from the cache in order to increase speed.
> >

> You miss the point. I am aware of this problem and workarounf and _this_ problem is
>fixed in current kernel (in short, bad interaction between supermount and the rest of
>kernel caused long delays on file close - 4-5 seconds. So scanning large number of
>files was slow). I mean different problem (there was a bug report in Bugzilla about
>it but I forgot the number). Urpmi needs much time to check for correct media,
>_before_ it even started to copy or install files. I do not know what happens but I
>see that supermounted media is being accessed several times before urpmi finally asks
>to insert correct media.
>
> As usual, nothing fatal but bery annoying.

There is a possible problem on this topic which will be very hard to
fix, urpmi when a medium is available first check for CD to be correct
by accessing all files before, this should be very fast normally but
supermount may re-access the drive all the time. A delay may allow it to
be faster on this.

François.