> There is a possible problem on this topic which will be very hard to
> fix, urpmi when a medium is available first check for CD to be correct
> by accessing all files before,
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
why? It has changed since 3, was there any specific reason? If the first one is not
there, why would we ever bother to check for others? At the very least we could check
for specific ERRNO returned and abort in case of EIO.

> this should be very fast normally but
> supermount may re-access the drive all the time.

The problem is an attempt to mount non-existemt media.

Currently supermount attempts mounting 6 times per access. I have fixed it, should go
Juan later this week. It still leaves you with _one_ attempt to mount non-existent
media for every RPM, that _is_ slow enough for people to complaint.

 A delay may allow it to