Brook Humphrey wrote:
The phisical format of the mailstore doesn't matter though, you're
supposed to access it only through imap.

Bye

Yes in my case then it is useless. At the very least it needs to run with a pop server also.
Of course it also has a pop server if you prefer that

Postfix, qmail, and courier-imap all can do maildir easily. With maildrop for courier imap filtering is very easy so for instance spamassassin can be called and the resulting email can be filtered into folders for spam, virus, and questionable with all other mail being forwarded directly to the normal mailbox.
The same can be done with postfix (and any other mta that speaks lmtp or can pipe the messages to a command)+cyrus+sieve (postfix filters though spamassassin and sieve looks at the added headers)

If this is the case with cyrus it would be a fairly sever limitation for those using a pop server also.
Well, I see using pop as a limitation ;-) (I like the convenience of accessing *all* of my mail folders from any imap client).
Anyway cyrus also has a pop server.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Note.- This message reached you today, it may not tomorrow if you