Perhaps it works with this info:

Module snd-emu10k1
  ------------------

    Module for EMU10K1/EMU10k2 based PCI soundcards.
                        * Sound Blaster Live!
                        * Sound Blaster PCI 512
                        * Emu APS (partially supported)
                        * Sound Blaster Audigy

    extin   - bitmap of available external inputs for FX8010 (see bellow)
    extout  - bitmap of available external outputs for FX8010 (see bellow)
    seq_ports - allocated sequencer ports (4 by default)
    max_synth_voices - limit of voices used for wavetable (64 by default)
    max_buffer_size  - specifies the maximum size of wavetable/pcm buffers
                       given in MB unit.  Default value is 128.
    enable_ir - enable IR

    Module supports up to 8 cards and autoprobe.

    Input & Output configurations                       [extin/extout]
        * Creative Card wo/Digital out                  [0x0003/0x1f03]
        * Creative Card w/Digital out                   [0x0003/0x1f0f]
        * Creative Card w/Digital CD in                 [0x000f/0x1f0f]
        * Creative Card wo/Digital out + LiveDrive      [0x3fc3/0x1fc3]
        * Creative Card w/Digital out + LiveDrive       [0x3fc3/0x1fcf]
        * Creative Card w/Digital CD in + LiveDrive     [0x3fcf/0x1fcf]
        * Creative Card wo/Digital out + Digital I/O 2  [0x0fc3/0x1f0f]
        * Creative Card w/Digital out + Digital I/O 2   [0x0fc3/0x1f0f]
        * Creative Card w/Digital CD in + Digital I/O 2 [0x0fcf/0x1f0f]
        * Creative Card 5.1/w Digital out + LiveDrive   [0x3fc3/0x1fff]
        * Creative Card all ins and outs                [0x3fff/0x1fff]

So basically you seem to have to tell it when it has a digital out...
I think you can even fill in the extin/out numbers in soundrake/draksound (I
never can remember the names). But be sure to check if your modules.conf was
modified correctly.
After doing this you might have to play with the mixer *again*

d.