--- Gerard Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 08:47 PM 2/21/03 +0100, you (Guillaume Rousse) wrote:
>
> >Laurent, just refusing to discuss the problem won't fix it,
>
> Is there really a serious problem ? Is is realist to ask from Kde to
> be modular, since the _whole_ kde approach is to do a system
> whose parts work well together ? Theoretically it could be possible,
> as it is possible for an elephant to dance on a rope; in practice,
> it's difficult. Separation would not be very helpful if the parts are
> not working if not installed together. And changing Kde itself to make
> it more modular is a tough challenge.

The problem is not coming from KDE, but from Mandrake. The only thing causing
the requirement on kdebase is the galaxy-kde, which should not be required by
kdelibs to start with.
If you really want to force people who actually use KDE to get the Mandrake
look, make kdebase require galaxy-kde, although this is already abusive.
Kde applications can be compiled (and run) with only the kdelibs rpms. It was
working pretty well before, why break it?

> > and ignoring
> >people complaints won't make them stop.
>
> Maybe discussing it could be difficult for Laurent Montel ? I am
> not sure that all Mandrake developers are fluent in writing
> english...

No comment.
=o=
kk1