On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:14:10 +0100
Danny Tholen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday 03 March 2003 12:23, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> > kernel-multimedia-preempt-2.4.21.0.12mdk-1-1mdk
> >
> > Why is this 0.12mdk rather than 0.11mdk as is current kernel?
> > With it set as 0.12mdk, unless it is added to skip list, --auto-select
> > requires that a kernel-multimedia be installed.
> >
> I wondered whether this would be a problem. But sometimes i do need to fix
> bugs, so I need to increase the version number? Unless I complex the
> versioning even more by going 2.4.21.0.0.12mdk.
>
> I was planning to upload a 13mdk soon, but I'll wait. What would be the
> proper solution?

Just use the same versioning? The name change "mulimedia" should make the
distinction clear enough.
It is based on the main 0.11mdk, not on 0.12mdk. Now it looks like it is based
on 0.12mdk.
Also changing it to 0.11.1mdk will make it look like a security update, when
there's a kernel update for 9.1's 0.11mdk
If it's based on kernel-blah-0.11mdk, call yours
kernel-blah-multimedia-preempt-0.11mdk, that should be clear enough, right?

--
Marcel Pol