Heat your pan to medium high. The butter should sizzle when you add it to the pan. Crack the egg and add it to the sizzling butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to medium-low, and cover the pan. Cook, without lifting cover for 2-3 minutes, depending on how firm you like your yolk. The pan will cause the butter to baste the egg, with little droplets that fly up against the lid and then shower down onto the top of the egg, and you will love the result!
HTH,
Penny

At 11:57 PM 10/27/2009, you wrote:
Does this bag thing really work?  How long do you let it boil for please?

Mal

-----Original Message-----
From: cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org
[mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On Behalf Of leverenz
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:46 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] Frying eggs?

I fry mine up with butter then cover, and I don't flip any more.  If folks
want over easy or over medium I let them their own.  My eggs always end up
half out of the pan... I personally don't mine sunny side up either!  I wow
guests with frittatas! *smile* I do have a cool recipe that really works for
everybody putting eggs and ingredients of their choice in plastic bags and
then you boil a bunch up at a time and the darn omelet rolls right out of
the bag... really!