Hi Barbara
I cooked a goose once, and it was very good, but was surprised at the amount of grease in the roast pan, I had to dump it out twice, Then it's just a little in the pan when it's done, and the nice drippings make a good gravy. good luck and have a marry Christmas and best wishes for the coming year. See you on list.
Barb
----- Original Message ----- From: "barbara esposito" <bar...@verizon.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 10:54 PM
Subject: [CnD] cooking a goose

Hi All,
After 34 years of marriage, I'm finally getting to cook my husband's goose, (smile.) My German son-in-law is used to having goose for Christmas dinner so he and I thought it would be an interesting adventure to cook one this year. Goose is quite expensive so my husband bought a 14 pound goose as his present to the family. We have a German cookbook that we're going to use, but I thought I could maybe get some advice from the list. Please help me cook my husband's goose.
Merry Christmas to all.
Barb