I went to junior high and high school with a blind girl named Linda who passed away in 1994 and her mother made her a cork with toothpicks sticking out of it. When she poured hot tea into a cup the toothpick rose up and stuck out of the cup and she could feel it with the hand that was on the cup while she poured with the other hand. When she felt the toothpick come up at the top of the cup she knew to stop pouring. I thought that was pretty clever back in the 60s but i never got one. I just put my finger tip there and when I feel the steam and a hint of the hot liquid I stop. I don't like pouring a hot cup really full anyway.
Lora

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rebecca Manners" <rebeccamann...@hotmail.com>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: [CnD] Hey there folks I'm Jerry Mader just wanted tosayhiandintroduce myself.

I think they have liquid level indicators, but I have never had one so don't know how well they work.

Becky

-----Original Message----- From: Jerry Mader
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 3:50 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org

You did both you and Sarah.
Yeah I'm thinking that I'm gonna get the Oven mitts for sure.
Also what sort of indicators can I get that will let me know when I'm
pouring a hot drink that I'm at almost the top of the glass/cup?
Anyone know?
Later
Jerry Mader