I don't know about rust spots, but I do know from painful experience that mothers in law always look for and *always!* find spots everywhere! LOL! Seriously I'd leave it in soapy water for about 10 minutes before cleaning the skilit.

Good luck
Sisi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Deatherage" <bi...@insightbb.com>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 11:48 PM
Subject: [CnD] care of a cast iron skillet

Hello,
I got a cast iron skillet several months ago. I am not sure if I seasoned it correctly but, some one told me there is some places in the bottom where ithe color is lighter than others. could it be because of not being properly seasoned? also, there was a rust spot in it and my mother-in-law cleaned it out. I was wondering what I can do to keep it from having rust spots?
Thank you in advance.
Bill Deatherage

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6851 (20120202) __________

http://www.eset.com