From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Niffa Nagengast
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 11:37 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: Re: [CnD] Any good spreads?

     Ketchup and mustard are easy.  Use your fingers as a guide.  For a hot
dog, hold the mustard or ketchup bottle directly over the hot dog, almost
touching.  Squeeze a little, and spread either with a finger or the tip of
the bottle where it comes out of.  Wipe the excess from the bottle on the
bread.  When I am at home, I often use my fingers to spread.  You can use a
butter knife, but then you won't be able to tell what you are doing.

     Butter on toast is a little trickier.  Hot toast works best.  Maybe
leave the butter out until it gets soft.  Otherwise, the butter will not
spread as easily and you can end up making a hole in the toast.  Another way
is to melt some butter in a cup in the microwave and then use a brush to
spread it.  Hope this helps.