I remember the reason that I joined this list.  It was not only to collect and
to read recipes, but to also get them from the perspective of a blind person,
whether they are or are not a good cook.  This would include tips and tricks on
how to perform tasks without using eyesight.  For instance, "bake until golden
brown.  Do not overcook.".  How do you know when something is brown if you
cannot see it?  I'm not looking for answers here, but this is just an example
of what I mean.  The list was that way when I joined.  Someone would ask for a
good cookie recipe, and people who are blind, who has used the recipe they
have, would send it in, along with those very important and helpful tricks and
tips.  Dale's cooking podcasts are a good example of this.

Now, if someone asks for a good cookie recipe, they are most likely to get
several recipes that are copied from an Internet search that they have not had
any personal experience working with.  You can tell that these are copied from
the Internet by the way they are written and spaced.  For example:

1 tsb
brown sugar

3 Tbsp
honey

4 cp flour

1/2 c
chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients well and
roll out to 1/8 thickness and
cut
into squares.

Place on
greased
cookie sheet and bake at
325dg for 10 mins or until
lightly browned.

Notice the abbreviation and spacing?

And if someone asks a question about it, chances are, the one who sent the
recipe doesn't know the answer because they haven't tried the recipe.

I sure do wish that the list would return to the way it used to be:  A list of
tried and true recipes from blind people who give advice based on their own
personal experience with the recipes they send.

---
you! really! are! finished!