Correction:  the can of pineapple should actually be 20 ounces.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark-boun...@acbradio.org] On
Behalf Of Debbra Piening via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 5:39 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] Pineapple Nut Bars

Hello, all, I've posted this recipe before but thought I'd send it again,
this time with a question.  I'm intending to make these for a party on
Saturday.  I'm going to be pressed for time later in the week and was
thinking of preparing the batter earlier in the week to bake Saturday just
before the party.  The question is, does this recipe look like something
that will hold up well if refrigerated for two to three days?  The other
option would be to bake earlier in the week, but I don't want them to dry
out by Saturday.

I haven't baked in a while and am having trouble thinking this through.  Any
help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Deb

Pineapple Nut Bars

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar

1/2 cup melted butter or margarine

4 eggs

1 1/2 cups flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp soda

1 16-ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained

1 cup chopped nuts

Combine sugar and butter, beat in eggs, one at a time, and add sifted dry
ingredients, alternately with pineapple.  Add nuts and mix well.  Bake in a
greased and floured 14 by 10 by 2 inch pan at 375 degrees for 35 to 40
minutes.  Cool, cut into bars and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.