From: Kathy Brandt via Cookinginthedark [mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2015 3:24 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Subject: [CnD] Chocolate pudding variant

... using an egg, like how I do.  I typically liked the cooked pudding better
than instant, but the homemade instant mix might not taste as processed.

CHOCOLATE PUDDING
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
3 Tbsps. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
2-1/4 cups milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg (optional; see note)
In a 1-1/2 quart saucepan, combine the first 4 ingredients.  Gradually stir in
the milk.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a
boil.  Boil for 1 minute.  Add vanilla.  Spoon into individual glasses and
chill.  Serve cold.
NOTE:  If using egg, beat egg in a separate bowl with a fork.  Add 1 spoonful
of hot pudding at a time to the egg, beating constantly with the fork until the
egg mixture is quite warm.  Beat this mixture quickly back into the pudding.