Can you use this in baking, as in shortbread cookies, or just on toast or
say, in mashed potatoes?

Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment!
-----Original Message-----
From: Sugar lopez via Cookinginthedark
[mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2017 7:58 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Sugar lopez
Subject: Re: [CnD] Irish butter

2 Irish Butter:

3 cups (40% butterfat) cream
1/2 - 1 teaspoon sea salt

Churn in a butter churn or shake in a large ice cold jar for about 15
minutes. (You can use an ice cream machine or a hand mixer too). Strain this
thick mixture into a cheese cloth covered bowl to separate the butterfat
from the whey. then pour off the buttermilk-whey and drink it or save it for
a recipe.

Knead the butter until the color darkens and the liquid comes out of it. At
this point you can add sea salt if you like... to taste... 1/2 tsp or more
if you like.

*** Irish butter is richer than American butter. American butter is only 30%
- 35% butter fat.

You can find Irish butter in some stores.

I'm in my own little world, but thats ok everybody knows me here Sugar