Hi John,

Thank you for this info.  It is most helpful.

-----Original Message-----
From: john2109 via Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2019 8:23 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: john2109 <john2...@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CnD] help with stove

       Hello, we have a flat top stove.  Here is what I do, after you turn the
element on, you will fill the heat, try and place your cooking pot, skillet,
etc. so it is centered above the heat the best you can, you do not want to fill
the heat escaping on the sides of your pan.  This will vary somewhat, depending
on the level of your temperature control.  Some elements will only have the
heat in a small circle and if you turn the heat up, it will expand to the outer
edge of the circle.  It will take a little practice.  I also saw where someone
had placed marks around the outer edge of the element and would place the pan
inside the circle.  Good luck.  FYI, you may also need to mark the cooking
panel for the stove.  Many stoves today, do not have traditional knobs.  They
have touch panels that control everything.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10