Oh, wow, that must have smelled awful.  Glad we have microwaves for melting
butter and chocolate and stuff.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Linda S. via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2020 10:24 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: Linda S.
Subject: Re: [CnD] Kitchen bloopers: Re: More books written for the blind

That's all you can do is laugh after it's all said and done.

Oh yes, the chocolate. One day I decided to make a chocolate cake from
the Cooking without Looking book. I was doing really well until the
recipe called for melted butter. I took a plastic dish put the butter in
it, and put it on the stove to melt. Needless to say, I had melted
butter and dish all over the place. This was just after I left home and
moved in to my own appartment. I had just graduated from Ocb, and that's
one thing they didn't teach, is that you can't melt plastic dishes on
your stove. (lol)