This recipe sounds so good!

You have to really watch out with the frozen pizzas as sometimes the directions tell you to put the pizza right on the oven rack. I hate that; knowing me I'd drop it when taking it out of the oven. So, when buying it, make sure to have someone read the directions first. A good example of this, ... and I love this pizza, is California Pizza. This makes me happy to have a sighted husband. (smile)

On 8/7/2020 5:29 PM, Pamela Fairchild via Cookinginthedark wrote:
My favorite frozen pizza is Tomb Stone because it always gets crisp when
cooked the first time around. I notice that the more things I add to it
though the less likely it is to get as crisp. I like a thin crust pizza. I
have a good recipe for that in a book somewhere. But then you have to press
it into the pan, spread it evenly, or roll it out and hope you can get it
into the pan without any trouble. Mostly it isn't worth the time. Then you
have to cook it for about 7 minutes before adding the toppings if you want
it to get crispy all over the bottom.
My favorite deep dish pizza, even though the crust is thicker than I like,
is Pizza Hut crust. It is always crisp. I hate to think of how much oil it
must take to get that effect, but maybe they also add some cornmeal to help
out in the batter. I must search for it in a copycat site if I can find such
a thing.

Pamela Fairchild
<pamelafairch...@comcast.net>

-----Original Message-----
From: Cookinginthedark On Behalf Of meward1954--- via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Friday, August 7, 2020 7:52 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: meward1...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CnD] Homemade Pizza almost

Frozen pizza is an abomination.  But I have decided in my old age that it
can be sort of fun, even though it's awful.  In a way, my favorite frozen
pizza has to be the Costco brand.  You get a whole bunch of them for real
cheap.  They are perfectly horrible, probably the worst ones of them all.
But for some reason, I sort of like that brand anyway.  Maybe it's because
they don't pretend that the crust is any good, so it doesn't gum up like
most of the others.

There are recipes these days for pizza crust made with plain, full-fat
yogurt and self-rising flour.  It takes a lot of mixing, but doesn't take as
long as the kind with the yeast.  It isn't as good either, but it is quite
acceptable.