Kay Diederichs wrote:
David Schwefel schrieb:
Dear Coot community,

I encountered some problems using Coot on fedora core 10. I installed the binaries, and upon starting, the system crashed just in the moment when the Coot window appeared. I have a ATI radeon X1650 graphics card. When I switch from the standard radeon to the ATI fglrx graphics driver, the system does not crash anymore, but Coot quits with the following error message: [snip]

My 2 cents: I'm guessing this is due to compositing or a driver bug. I run Coot on F10 every day and only see suspicious activity when using Nvidia driver.