Edward Miller wrote:
Hey Folks,

I'm working on refining a full capsid containing 60 chains.

Using the chain ID column, I've numbered my chains A-Z, a-z, and 0-7. I was successfully able to refine my capsid in refmac using this chain ID naming scheme.

However, coot fails to read in any of the chains labeled 0-7.

I don't know why this is failing - I will try to make a synthetic PDB file with 60 chains to see if I can reproduce this.

Relatively recently Eugene has extended mmdb to work with the hybrid_36 format. So for now you could go that route.