To follow up this problem.  No user-defined keybindings work with either Paul's
keybinding or Bernhard's keybindings.  The standard key bindings worked fine.
However, if I hit ^g (keyboard-go-to-residue), many standard keybindings didn't
work anymore.  I have switched from the COOT I compiled from fink to Bill's
binary COOT, the situation has not changed.  Anyone has the same problem?

Thanks.

-- Jianghai