On 24/10/11 10:00, Jianghai Zhu wrote:
To follow up this problem.  No user-defined keybindings work with either Paul's
keybinding or Bernhard's keybindings.  The standard key bindings worked fine.
However, if I hit ^g (keyboard-go-to-residue), many standard keybindings didn't
work anymore.  I have switched from the COOT I compiled from fink to Bill's
binary COOT, the situation has not changed.  Anyone has the same problem?

^G turns coot into "I am going to keep listening to the keyboard input until the chain-id string terminates" mode

If you do not hit "Enter" then the chain-id string will not terminate.

It would be much better if Coot did not do this blindly/silently - I'll see what can be done about that.

HTH,