Dear Stefano:

I just tried this:

http://scottlab.ucsc.edu/~wgscott/coot/Coot-0.7-pre-1-4307_64bit_10.6.8.pkg.zip

It works on my wife's 10.8 computer.

Install it, and invoke it with

/Library/Coot/bin/coot

and then perform the same test.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new account.  If coot now works, that
tells us that it is something in your own directory.  Otherwise it must be a
system problem.

I don't have any experience with the ccp4 version that installs in
/Applications, so I can't help with that one.  I can at least try with this one.

Bill