Dear Bernhard,

I'm using Coot version 0.7 for Mac OS X (the one from Bill Scott).

Best regards,

Dirk.

Am 19.06.13 10:13, schrieb Bernhard Lohkamp:
Dear Dirk,

I am not sure which program you are using ;-) , but Coot uses LEU mt
Chi1 -65deg and Chi2 174deg and hence CD2 is not anywhere near N. Of
course if you use chi2 angle of 51 the situation is different...
I assume something else is going wrong here.

Dear Tim,

the mt rotamer in Coot is simply wrong: I really need quite frequently
the correct mt rotamer from Richardson's penultimate rotamer library,
which Coot should be using, according to its documentation. The Coot mt
Chi angles -65, 51 lead to a close contact of CD2 with N of 2.9 A.
The correct mt rotamer with Chi-angles -65, 175 have no close contacts:
CD1-N: 3.7 A, CD2-N: 4.6 A. And it really "looks" correct.

Best regards,

Dirk.