On Mon, 2021-06-14 at 15:51 +0100, Phong Nguyen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Coot 0.9.5, installed from CCP4 package. It was working well until
> today I decided to install ccp4 again
> because I have some trouble of trying to install ARP package. So I guess that
> Coot also get reinstall after I
> reinstall the package. Coot runs normally, having some warning like in the
> attachment file ¨coot_warning.txt¨ but I am
> able to open the pdb, the map and most of the function are working normally.
> There is only one problem is that when I
> tried to refine the model with Ramachandran, it always give me the red
> ramachandran, even if I tried to refine in a
> place that according to coot validation, the ramachandran there was good, it
> also gave me only the red ramachandran.

I think I have seen something similar. Some prolines are extremely reluctant to
turn green, despite considerable
provocation to do so. Sometimes, upping the weight on the Rama Restraints
helps...

https://pemsley.github.io/coot/blog/2021/03/11/dynamic-weights.html

... sometime not.

There may be a bug in the proline rotamer validation - or its representation.

There are two types of target function for the Ramachandran restraints. You
might like to try the other one:

set_refine_ramachandran_restraints_type(0) # pythonically speaking

> Could anybody can help with this situation? it is not possible for me to
> refine a model with out ramachandran option.

Teehehe! Modern notions for modern scientists.