On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:06, Joseph D. Darcy <joe.da...@sun.com> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> If we're settled on a method in System, please send a revised spec and I'll
> file the ccc paperwork.

I'm agnostic about whether it belongs in System or File or elsewhere,
but my "serious" webrev below puts it in System.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/openjdk7/line.separator/

Please file bug + ccc.

This also fixes a warning in System.java,
makes printf a little faster, and fixes the SecurityException
in the java program below:

import java.security.*;

public class Println {
       Policy.setPolicy(new java.security.Policy() {
               public boolean implies(ProtectionDomain pd, Permission p) {
                   return false;
               }});
       System.setSecurityManager(new SecurityManager());
       System.out.printf("%n");
       String.format("%n");
   }
}