Martin Buchholz wrote:
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:10, Ulf Zibis <ulf.zi...@gmx.de <mailto:ulf.zi...@gmx.de>> wrote:
    At least, IMO, fileSeparator() and pathSeparator() would belong to
    java.io.File or java.nio.file.FileSystem.
Those would have been better names,
but at this point they are not worth adding.

I don't follow - why are they not worth adding now? Becuase they should have been in JDK 1.0? Because JDK 7 is about to release? Some other reason? How and who is deciding?

Over the past few weeks I've been tempted to ask for sponsorship of more than one idea, change, or useful method (there are lots we could add). But the process for what is accepted and what isn't seems very arbitrary. As such, I'm just not bothering right now (nor am I working on JSR-310, as the same arbitrary rejection could apply to that to).

Stephen