For now, I'm only monitoring comm...@jaxp-sources.java.net. I know I'll have to watch for more aliases once we put the sources in. For the past experiences though, there weren't that much interest in patching jaxp. We got only a couple through JIRA and jaxp issuetracker.

JDK8 modularization would definitely complicate the source structure. We'll know better probably by March next year when we have done some work.

The endorsed mechanism is the main reason we stayed back on the older Java API and language. Indeed, once we put the sources in the same repository, it's probably harder to resist the temptation of new features. We can evaluate when it comes.

-Joe