Thanks for updating this. This looks good to me. I guess Stuart will be sponsoring the patch.

There are a couple of other switch statements in src/share/classes/java/util/regex/Pattern.java.
which are not throwing fallthrough warnings (in Netbeans at least),
although there is fallthrough happening from one case to another. From what I notice, only if there is a break statement missing before the "default" case, does Netbeans throw some warning. Is the fallthrough warning technically supposed to be thrown only when the logic falls through to the default case then?

- Kurchi