Hi Joe,

On 3/25/13 5:52 PM, huizhe wang wrote:

On 3/25/2013 9:35 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
On 3/25/13 5:20 PM, huizhe wang wrote:
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for doing this.

JAXP doesn't have these packages: "java/", "org/ietf/jgss/", and
"org/omg/".  Since this is the jaxp repo, it would be fine if only
'javax/' and 'org/' are included, or 'com/' be excluded.

OK - I just copied the pattern shared by all
jdk/make/netbeans projects - but I guess I can safely restrict
the list to what is actually present in JAXP.

That would make it:

 203             <packageset dir="${jaxp.src.dir}"
                     includes="${includes}" excludes="${excludes}">
 204                 <or>
 205
 206                     <filename name="javax/"/>
 207
 208
 209                     <filename name="org/w3c/"/>
 210                     <filename name="org/xml/sax/"/>
 211                 </or>

I'm not familiar with this usage. Does the 'includes' attribute take
precedence over the package names in <or> tags?  Will they be ignored
since 'includes' includes all packages.

In other free form projects defined for JDK, 'includes' and 'excludes'
are global properties defined in the project's properties file.
They control which subset of the sources are considered part of the
project - and are used by the compile target, the javadoc target,
and also to select which files will be seen in NetBeans, etc...

As far as I understand the <or> selector in packageset in the javadoc
target defines the subset of the subset of the sources for
which javadoc should be generated. So it's a way to scope the
sources defined by includes/excludes down to the set of public
packages for which api documentation is desired.

I think we should keep it like that in JAXP - even though the javadoc
target is currently the only target that would be affected by the
definition of includes/excludes in jaxp/build.properties.

-- daniel

-Joe

-- daniel

Regards,