On 22/08/2013 01:58, Stuart Marks wrote:
Hi all,

Please review this small documentation change to the example I added to RMISocketFactory a couple weeks ago [1]. This change fixes a problem that Bernd Eckenfels pointed out [2] where the interface returned by getLoopbackAddress() might not match the interface that "localhost" resolves to.
We don't have support for IPv4-only or IPv6-only listeners (at least not with stream oriented sockets, there is support for protocol specific datagram sockets but that doesn't apply here). So I'm curious about the original comments and whether there are configurations or loopback address plumbing where getLoopbackAddress doesn't do the right thing?

-Alan