On 22/08/2013 13:48, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
getLoopbackAddress is either ::1 or 127.0.0.1 (depending on the stack preferemces) and
InetAddress.getByName("localhost") is also one of both (but not necesarily the
same, unfortunately). This happened to me in the past, so I wanted to make sure that
asumption does not show up in sample code of JavaDocs. Thanks for improving this!

You're right, this method is returning a specific address. In that case, I think Chris's point about using the familiar (IPv4) is probably the way to go when changing this.

-Alan.