On 11/21/2013 05:41 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 21/11/2013 01:09, Dan Xu wrote:
Hi All,

I have updated my fix based on your suggestions. I have changed to create testing files in the working directory, moved those static member variables into local method variables, and used try-with-resources to read and write the testing files. After the change, the file delete is no longer important. So I just do the clean-up with deleteOnExit() for simplicity. If the test fails, it is better to keep the test file to give more clue. Therefore, I don't put the file clean-up into finally block. Thanks!

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dxu/8028628/webrev01/

-Dan
Just one thing about testLargeFile, I see that it additionally creates a file-mapping and it's not clear that this is needed (I don't see anything in JDK-4563125 to explain this). I suspect this can be removed.

Otherwise it looks okay to me.

-Alan.

Hi Alan,

I think the map is used to enlarge the size of the largeFile to testSize + 10. In initTestFile(), it initiates the file with size 10. My understanding is that it avoids writing large amount of data into the largeFile by using the map. Thanks!

-Dan