On 21/11/2013 17:02, Dan Xu wrote:

Hi Alan,

I think the map is used to enlarge the size of the largeFile to testSize + 10. In initTestFile(), it initiates the file with size 10. My understanding is that it avoids writing large amount of data into the largeFile by using the map. Thanks!

-Dan
Okay, I guess I was really just wondering about the reliability on Windows as sometimes tests that use memory mapped files are troublesome when it comes to clean-up after the test. Also as this test hasn't run on Windows before then I wonder about how long initTestFile will take to create the 4GB file. You've probably measured already but if you need a speed up then you could change initTestFile to use a FIleChannel and create the file with the SPARSE option. Then just position to size-1 and write 1 byte. That should be faster than writing "e" 4 billion times.

-Alan.