On 03/06/2014 08:48 AM, Tom Hawtin wrote:
On 04/03/2014 15:32, David M. Lloyd wrote:
On 03/03/2014 09:45 PM, David Holmes wrote:

We should not introduce anything that allows something that was
guaranteed to be safe by the language, to become unsafe.

Define 'safe'.  Because I don't think it's unsafe, any more than

I believe even in the Java library it is common where a publicly
accessible monitor is used to safeguard the integrity of security
critical datastructures. Where monitorexit to become freely available,
that would almost certainly be exploitable.

I would expect that in a security-critical section, such monitors would be private, else they could be exploited in other ways.

--
- DML