On 8/07/2014 10:58 PM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi,

Please find below a fix for

8048913: java/util/logging/LoggingDeadlock2.java times out

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8048913/webrev.00/

jdk/test/java/util/logging/LoggingDeadlock2.java has been seen failing
in timeout in some of our internal nightly builds.

java/util/logging/LoggingDeadlock2.java StatusError Program `...'
interrupted! (timed out?)

As far as I could see this mostly happened with fastdebug builds, and
the log I was able to examine showed that -Xcomp was also used.
I believe that the issue here is that:

   1. jdk/test/java/util/logging/LoggingDeadlock2.java
      starts a JVM subprocess
   2. the @run command line defines /timeout=15

My suggestion is thus simply to remove the /timeout=15 from the
@run command line, relying on the default jtreg timeout instead,

Not unreasonable but how long does the test actually take to run on the problematic systems?

which hopefully will have been tuned for the global configuration
(fastdebug + -Xcomp) in which the testsuite is running.

Hmm, well, no, not really. Xcomp + fastdebug + slow/small machines still leads to timeouts in places. We will just have to see how this one goes.

David

best regards,

-- daniel