On 7/9/2014 2:32 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
On 7/9/14 5:46 AM, Mandy Chung wrote:

Do you know if the test was run with -timeoutFactor?   Or does it use
the default timeout?  Are you able to run the test with the same
configuration (on same test machine) to see how long it takes?

What I can see also is that on my machine (which is not slow),
and a product build, the test (with jtreg) reports 0.484 secs of
execution without -Xcomp and 8.075 with it - which makes a factor
of 16.68 - but that's not counting the 'fastdebug' effect
(and I'm not sure we can assume a linear scale anyway).

With fastdebug + -Xcomp still on my machine it takes 41.931 secs.
If the slowdown were linear it would need a timeoutFactor of ~ 86.63

~42 secs and VM nightly may want to exclude this kind of tests.

Thanks for the numbers.   Your fix is good to go.

Mandy