Unsafe is available, so the fields (array, offset) can be read directly
UNSAFE.getObject(buffer, hbOffset), UNSAFE.getObject(buffer, offsetOffset).
No need for MethodHandlers.
During class init the offsets have to be resolved, pretty much like any CAS
utilizing algorithm.

I didn't propose it as readOnlyBuffers are very, very rarely used and even
more unlikely to be used to calculate checksums. It just makes the code
ugly.

Stanimir