On 1.7.2015 17:58, Jan Lahoda wrote:
On 1.7.2015 16:43, Alan Bateman wrote:

On 30/06/2015 16:05, Jan Lahoda wrote:

We need to override these "settings" for jshell (we use subclasses of
WindowsTerminal/UnixTerminal to get e.g. Ctrl-C detection - not sure
if we will want to generalize these additional features for jjs as
well). Is there a way to override them (just) for jshell using
ServiceLoader?
Is extending these classes the normal way to customize? That makes it
really awkward to cleanly separate the multiple implementations.

Subclassing is used in JLine (there's for example
NoInterruptUnixTerminal which is a subclass of UnixTerminal). We could
use delegation for some of our purposes, but so far it seems we need to
be able to use customized Terminals instead of the original ones, as
e.g. WindowsTerminal is synthesizing an InputStream (which is then used
instead of System.in) which we are intercepting and continuously reading
from it awaiting Ctrl-C (when the user's code is running, Ctrl-C will
interrupt it).

BTW: I think what you in the current webrev is okay for now.

Thanks!

One more iteration, now when the WindowsTerminal loads the library in the static initializer, it can only be used on Windows, and so the KeyConversionTest can (in the current form) only run on Windows, so using @requires to achieve that (sorry I did not realize this sooner).

Also, I did the change Remi suggested with Map.getOrDefault.

The webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlahoda/8080679/webrev.06/full/

Delta against previous:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlahoda/8080679/webrev.06/delta/