>>> Is some or all of that really necessary? since the we can specify domain of
>>> values.
>>
>> I think it is.  The spec states that one can have an arbitrary amount of
>> leading/trailing spaces in the value part of the attribute.  Apparently
>> attribute values could also have “hidden” characters such as vertical tab or
>> nak for example.  I wish the spec was tighter here.  I’m merely stating the
>> the domain can be
>> “ *TRUE *” for upper/lower case letters.
>>

> AFAICT the so called “spec" says nothing about trimming white space from
> values and although not explicitly called out the actual value has to be what
> constitutes the character sequence for the “otherchar" definition (otherwise
> the continuation space and newline characters would also be part of the
> actual value and that makes no sense).

No it doesn’t say you can trim white space, but if one doesn’t, then do we
accept “true”, “ true”, “  true”, etc.?

> So it seems you may have quite a bit of wiggle room here :-) and it’s up to
> each attribute definition to state what constitutes its domain of possible
> valid values based on “other char”.

So, we can say *otherchar is upper/lower case “true” only?

>>> For example, the Sealed attribute can take on a value of “true” or “false”
>>> (case ignored), but there is no white space trimming.
>>
>> Well then “Sealed:   true” won’t work, but the spec says it should work.
>>

> Where does the “spec” state that it should?

It really comes down to the interpretation of otherchar.  If it can be
interpreted on an attribute by attribute basis then it’s not a problem.

> The value is literally the string “ true”, at least in one interpretation of
> the “spec” :-)

I’m fine with that.  And we really should do something about the spec, it’s too
loose and ambiguous.

> I suspect it’s ok to go with finding “Multi-Release: true” (lower/upper case)
> as in your first patch, then check if it is terminated with a newline (and
> ignore the continuation case)

Okay.  I’d like Claes to weigh in because he’s the one who brought it up.  He’s
traveling today, so I don’t expect to hear from him soon.