> On Sep 2, 2016, at 2:50 AM, Patrick Reinhart <patr...@reini.net> wrote:
>
> Updated the existing
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~reinhapa/reviews/8161230/webrev.01

ClassLoader::resources returning Stream<URL> is a good addition.

1386      * {@code IOException} occur getting the next resource element, it
must be
1387      * wrapped into an {@code UncheckedIOException}.

This has been mentioned in the paragraph above. This can be dropped from
@apiNote. And add:

@throws UncheckedIOException if I/O errors occur

1392      * @return  An stream of resource {@link java.net.URL {@code URL}}

{@code…} is not needed as @link generates the text in <code>..</code> format.
You can simply write:
   {@link java.net.URL URL}

typo s/An/A

I’m unsure if “resource URL” clearly describes it.  What about
   @return A stream of {@code URL} representing the location of the resources
with the given name.

1399      * @since  1.9

should be @since 9.

I have reservation in adding ClassLoader::systemResources static method.

ClassLoader::getSystemResources is a convenient method that is equivalent to
calling ClassLoader::getSystemClassLoader().getResources(), since the system
class loader is never null.  This method includes the resources in the
application’s classpath.

With the new ClassLoader::getPlatformClassLoader() method, a better way to get
the “system” resources from JDK (not the ones from the classpath), it can call:
   ClassLoader::getPlatformClassLoader().resources();

To get a Stream of URL of the resources visible to system class loader, it can
call the new resources method:
   ClassLoader::getSystemClassLoader().resources();

So it doesn’t seem that the proposed systemResources static method is necessary.

I suggest to combine the two tests in a single test, ResourcesStreamTest and
add @bug JBS-id

ResourcesSuccessCase

  46         List<URL> resources = stream.collect(Collectors.toList());
  52         URL url = resources.get(0);

You can check the size first.  This can be simplified to use filter/findFirst
to file the expected URL (yes need to call cl.resources again that is not an
issue).

Mandy
P.S. process wide - RDP1 starts.  This enhancement would need a sponsor and
also request for approval [1].  I’m off for the long weekend and will follow up
next Tuesday on this.

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk9/fc-extension-process