http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~reinhapa/reviews/8134373/webrev.01

Give me feedback if something is missing/wrong

-Patrick

On 2016-09-15 13:48, Pavel Rappo wrote:
Daniel, Claes,

List.of() and Collections.emptyList() are not the same. The behaviours are different. Moreover, immutable static factory methods return instances which are
value-based. I believe it also means we are not tied with unconditional
instantiation, and in case of empty collections/maps could probably return the
same object every time.

We should ask Stuart why it has been done like that in the first place. Maybe out of concern people might synchronize of those objects? I don't know. Let's
say for now it's an implementation-specific detail.