On 8/20/17 4:11 PM, Martin Buchholz wrote:
Again, I am happy to take the current state of this change.

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Jonathan Gibbons <jonathan.gibb...@oracle.com <mailto:jonathan.gibb...@oracle.com>> wrote:

    Actually, thead and tbody have no direct significance for
    accessibility. They provide a semantic differentiation of the
    content, and provide a hook for different styling, as you have
    seen for "striped". Also note, although you can have many <tbody>,
    you can only have at most one <thead>, and at most one <tfoot>.

Looking at Summary of BlockingDeque methods again, we have what might logically be a thead in the middle of a table, and the law of "only one thead, and only at the beginning" might be yet another hint that the html gods want us to split this table. This could become a nested table with two rows, one for "first" and one for "last", each of which contains a subtable with a thead.

I can investigate that.

I would ask, why is this materially different from a new left-most column in a single table, but I guess one response would be that the subtables could be striped, which would give visual consistency with similar tables.

-- Jon