On Dec 7, 2017, at 12:05 PM, Remi Forax <fo...@univ-mlv.fr> wrote:

> have a bit saying if an object is fully initialized or not, this bit will be
> true at the end of the constructor and can be set for the de-serialization too

Yes, that's the hard part of fixing final.  Sometimes we call this the "slushy
bit".
It would almost always be false, but would be true for those unusual objects
which are in the process of deserialization, and also (perhaps) objects which
may escape into the optimizer while undergoing normal construction. The
latter version of "slushy" is probably a statically computable condition,
unlike "slushy during deserialization".