On 08/12/2017 16:49, Brian Burkhalter wrote:
I agree it looks strange but it is intentional as it matches the existing InputStream.read(byte[],int,in) [1]. (I will remove line 167 as part of this patch.) Note that the IOE for the stream being closed would not be thrown in the current code until line 173.

Yes it is match the behavior, but both have a different specifications:

--
Best regards, Sergey.