On Dec 11, 2017, at 12:52 PM, Brian Burkhalter <brian.burkhal...@oracle.com>
wrote:

> On Dec 8, 2017, at 3:12 PM, Brian Burkhalter <brian.burkhal...@oracle.com>
> wrote:
>
>> All previous suggested changes have been made in
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/4358774/webrev.03/
>>
>> except for the possible change of name for the IS and OS nullStream()
>> methods which awaits consensus.
>
> As long as we’re still at it, given java.util.stream.Stream then
>
> InputStream.nullInput()
> OutputStream.nullOutput()
> Reader.nullReader()
> Writer.nullWriter()
>
> might not be a bad alternative.

Re-reading the discussion [1] of last year regarding [2], it seems that there
was convergence on all points raised except the names of the new methods. The
alternatives are:

A) InputStream.nullStream() and OutputStream.nullStream() as in the most recent
version, webrev.03,
B) InputStream.nullInput() and OutputStream.nullOutput() as shown above, and
C) InputStream.nullInputStream() and OutputStream.nullOutputStream().

Does anyone have any more comments on this point? I would be inclined to choose
option C.

Thanks,

Brian

[1]