On 4/30/18 7:39 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:

The approach looks good, seems like this one was lurking (for protected members at least) for a long time.

Yes and this issue becomes more noticeable in JDK 9 as public members needs additional module access check.

The 3 x getRoot methods on ReflectAccess looks okay. An alternative would to create <T extends AccessibleObject> T getRoot(T obj) and a package private getRoot() method on AccessibleObject.

Good idea.  I updated the patch.
You might want to check AccessTest before pushing. The webrev shows very odd alignment, maybe tabs expanded to 8 space indent although it's not consistently so.

Thanks for catching it.  I reformatted it.

I also included a comment in AccessTest to mention that private member is not accessible and caller class is not cached in that case.

Updated webrev:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk11/webrevs/8202113/webrev.01

thanks
Mandy