> But to my earlier question. please: can the new instructions be moved into
> jdk head first, and then merged into the Panama branch, or not?

The new instructions can be classified as:
1. Instructions that can be matched with NEON instructions directly.
MulVB and SqrtVF have been merged into jdk master already. The patch of AbsV is
in review [1].

2. Instructions that Jdk master has middle end support for, but they cannot be
matched with NEON instructions directly.
Such as AddReductionVL, MulReductionVL, And/Or/XorReductionV
These new instructions can be moved into jdk master first, but for
auto-vectorization, the performance might not get improved.
May I have a new patch for these?

3. Panama/Vector API specific  instructions
Such as Load/StoreVector ( 16 bits), VectorReinterpret, VectorMaskCmp,
MaxV/MinV, VectorBlend etc.
These instructions cannot be moved into jdk master first because there isn't
middle-end support.

Regards
Yang

[1]