On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 19:25:27 GMT, Harold Seigel <hsei...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I think it depends on whether the tests will be permanently or temporarily
> excluded from running with containers. I thought this mechanism would be to
> permanently exclude the tests. That's why I used `@requires`.

I see, if this is for permanent exclusion then yes I agree that `@requires` is
a better choice.

>> enable this option based on an environment variable so we don?t have to
>> remember the
cryptic command line sequence.
> I'll look into basing the option on an environment variable.

one will still need to pass an environment variable to jtreg, and hence will
need to remember some sort of "cryptic command line sequence". a solution for
that might be to default `jdk.containerized` to `false` in `VMProps.java` and
when only _containerized_ runs will have to set it up.

btw, I'm not sure that `jdk.containerized` is the best name for this property
as _containerization_ is more of an environmental characteristic than that of
jdk. how about smth like `env.containerized` or `testenv.containerized`?