On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 00:11:42 GMT, John Lin
<github.com+1290376+johnl...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi Jon,
>>
>> Can you explain what this change is about: e.g. something like:
>>
>>> Updates the documentation of `Map::compute` to match its default
>>> implementation:
>>> The documentation of the default implementation of `Map::compute` was both
>>> wrong and confusing.
>>> This change updates the documentation to match the behaviour of the
>>> implementation.
>>
>> because now I am confused. I believe what you are trying to do is what I
>> have written above. Can you confirm?
>> This will need a CSR.
>>
>> And are you going to withdraw https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/pull/451 now?
>>
>> best regards,
>> -- daniel
>
> @dfuch May I ask how can I create a CSR? I checked
> https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/csr/CSR+FAQs and it says:
>
>> Q: How do I create a CSR ?
>> A: Do not directly create a CSR from the Create Menu. JIRA will let you do
>> this right up until the moment you try to save it and find your typing was
>> in vain.
>> Instead you should go to the target bug, select "More", and from the drop
>> down menu select "Create CSR". This is required to properly associate the
>> CSR with the main bug, just as is done for backports.
>
> However, I don't have an account at https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/ yet.
> Therefore, I don't see the "More" button on
> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8247402. Could you please tell me
> how do I proceed? Thank you.

@johnlinp, you cannot create a CSR by yourself at the moment. Someone else will
have to do that for you. Might as well be me. So here's my proposal: come up
with the meat, then I'll help you with the paperwork.

For starters, have a look at existing CSRs (you don't need a JBS account for
that). For example,
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/issues/?jql=issuetype%3DCSR%20and%20Subcomponent%3Djava.util%3Acollections%20

Fill in an informal CSR template inline in this thread, and we'll proceed from
that point. Is that okay?